Well hey there guys, I am back with my second blog post. For today's post I was going to write a little bit more about myself. You all got a quick glimpse at me yesterday but not a lot. I was scrolling through Pinterest looking for About Me tags and Q&A tags and I realized that all the questions were all pretty generic. They all dealt with topics that you will slowly learn about me as I continue my blog. Then I stumbled upon a tag that has to do with one of my favorite things in life, music. Music has always been a huge part of my life. So here it is my life in music.
A song from my Childhood: Haven't Met You Yet- Michael Buble
This song is one of those songs that I have the fondest memories of. Michael Buble was a huge part of my childhood. I remember driving in the car to go see my great grandmother in the nursing home and my sister, my mom and I would be belting out to this song.
A song that reminds me of my dad: Sugar Magnolia- The Grateful Dead
As a matter of fact any of The Grateful Dead's songs remind me of my dad. My dad has been a dedicated fan since he was my age. Their music has been the background music of my life, it was constantly playing in the car or in our house. It was not until recently that I finally found an appreciation for their music. I am happy I finally took the time to appreciate and listen to it with my full attention. I will actually be going to see Dead and Company in June with my dad.
A song that reminds me of my mom: Sugar- Maroon 5
This was actually a hard song to pick there are many different songs that remind me of my mom. This one was the first that came to mind. Over the past year, I went through desensitization for my peanut allergy (there it is random fact about me number one, yes I have a peanut allergy). We would drive forty-five minutes every other Wednesday and this song was constantly on our playlist and we would sing along to it together.
A song that reminds me of my sister: What Makes you Beautiful- One Direction
Where do I even begin with this one. My sister and I are so close because of this band. The amount of memories I have made with her because of them I would never take back. I remember when we discovered this song on YouTube I was going into freshman year of high school, and we sat up in our TV room and had it on repeat for the last week of summer. We stood in line for 8 hours that following March to meet them, and we have attended 5 of their concerts together.
A song that is often stuck in my head: Stressed Out- 21 Pilots
21 Pilots are one of my favorite bands, they are musically and lyrically strong. They have an edge to them that makes them stand out from different alternative/ indie artists. This is one of their songs that everyone knows and is constantly playing so of course it is going to be stuck in my head.
A song that reminds me of my best friend: Play it Again- Luke Bryan
A simple country song that everyone knows reminds me of my best friend. I can't count the endless nights we had driving in the car during the summer blasting this song and singing along to it.
A song that reminds me of a past summer: Summer- Calvin Harris
Ironic right, I remember jamming to this in the car the past two summers.
A song by my favorite band: Where do Broken Heart go- One Direction
Of course I would choose a One Direction song, this is actually one of their songs that most people do not know and is highly underrated. This was easily one of my favorite songs performed also.
A song off the soundtrack of my favorite movie: Tee Shirt- Birdy
Such a sad but meaningful song. This song was featured in The Fault in our Stars one of my favorite movies, which also features one of the best soundtracks. My sister can tell you after the soundtrack came out it was easily all I listened to for a good week.
The last song I listened to: 7 years- Lukas Graham
A song that I love singing along to: Wildest Dreams- Taylor Swift
This is easily one of my favorite songs of hers. I could listen to this song 24/7 on repeat and never get tired of it, thank god for that because its on every radio station. It is a song that I can listen to no matter my mood its not too sad nor too happy, its honestly just a perfect song.
A song that has made me cry: You Belong with Me- Taylor Swift
This song was another one of those that I listened to my entire childhood. This past July I was finally able to go and see her live, and little did I know the surprise that awaited me. She announced that she was going to be doing a throwback song at every show starting the night I was there. When she started the beat to the song, I looked over at my mom who also loves this song, and there were tears welling up in my eyes.
A song that I love but rarely listen to: Ophelia- The Lumineers
The first song alphabetically on my Itunes library: A.M- One Direction
Yes I own every One Direction song.
The last song alphabetically on my Itunes library: 3000 Miles- Emblem3
Well this is embarrassing. I went through a major Emblem3 obsession my first two years of high school.
A song I cannot stand to listen to: Work- Rihanna ft. Drake
Yes I cannot stand this song sorry everyone. I think it is highly overplayed, I prefer slower Rihanna songs like Needed Me off Anti.
A song that reminds me of somewhere: Beverly Hills- Weezer
When we went to California I remember driving down Sunset Blvd. and this song was playing in my headphones and I realized wow I made it here. Now when I listen to this throwback I am transported back to Los Angeles.
A song that reminds me of an event: Cheerleader- Omi
I actually do not even like this song, I think it was highly overplayed during the summer. But when I hear this song on the radio I am transported back to the 1989 Taylor Swift concert, when everyone in Metlife Stadium was singing along and having a good time.
A song from a band that I hate: Sledgehammer- Fifth Harmony
Yes I do not like Fifth Harmony but man I can jam to this song. There is no reason I can just jam.
A song that I love by an artist no longer alive: Swings and Waterslides- Viola Beach
This is actually really sad I am putting this song in this category. The unexpected death of Viola Beach in Sweden a few months ago brought about my love for this song again. I completely forgot about it until I found out that their bus had crashed. Since then this song has been on repeat.
A song by a band you still wish was together: Year 3000
Lets be real any college freshman girl that tells you that she doesn't miss the Jonas Brothers is lying. The Jonas Brothers are still a guilty pleasure for me I am not going to lie. I still jam to them sometimes. Even though we still have Nick and Joe singing for us, we all still secretly want the Jonas Brothers reunion tour to still happen.




0 comments:
Post a Comment