This weekend was super busy it started on Friday when my sister came down to visit me. My friends and I took her to DC to show her around Georgetown. We of course had to make a stop for cupcakes but not the typical Georgetown cupcakes (even though they are super good also), we stopped at a small shop called Baked and Wired (aka best cupcakes you will ever have). These cupcakes are the same price as Georgetown Cupcakes but you get a cupcake about triple the size. I recommend any flavor of their lemon cupcakes I've noticed that they've recently been changing the names. After that we took them to eat on the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial. Anyone new to the DC area or spending the weekend in the DC area, I highly recommend visiting the the monuments at moonlight it is a completely different experience and incredibly beautiful.
I opted for a simple outfit for Friday night. A white and black striped boyfriend tee from Old Navy, Forever 21 black jeans, which my roommate and I destructed ourselves, and a simple trench from Forever 21 also. For accessories I went with a pair of Chelsea like boots from American eagle, and the city American Apparel tote.
The next day was a complete tourist day to show my sister around. We went to museums on the National Mall, and even managed to make it the monument in the sunlight. The first museum we went to was the Natural History Museum. I recommend this museum to any of all ages, it transports you back to your childhood.



Sometimes in DC you miss things because you are rushing to your destination but sometimes you just have to stop and smell the roses or in this case take a look at some pretty cool sculptures. If you are ever in DC and making a stop at the National Gallery of Art, before you walk into the museum cross the street and stroll through the National Gallery sculpture garden. There you will see some interesting and inspiring sculptures. Unfortunately, Saturday was rainy and dreary but if you go on a good day its so relaxing to sit on one of the benches and relax.


After that we went into the National Gallery of Art, it was only supposed to take a few minutes so I could take some notes for a paper but we all ended up loving it and spending a lot of time there. As soon as you enter the museum you are immersed by beauty not only of the artwork but of the architecture of the building. When I walk around this museum I felt a sense of culture and knowledge that no other museum in DC gives me.

And then to finish off the trip we of course had to stop for a photo shoot. Which means I guess this would be the right time to tell you what I wore on Saturday. I opted for a simple outfit that was kind of my normal routine. I wore a black and white flannel from Forever 21 and a graphic tee also from Forever 21. For pants I chose my dark wash American Eagle jeggings. For accessories I went for classic white converse and once again my American Apparel city tote.
After that I said goodbye to my sister, and was ready for Sunday. I spent all day Sunday volunteering at a charity fashion show with my school's fashion club. Through fashion club I am able to have hands on experience in the fashion industry. Most times we volunteer as dressers and help with any other tasks the designers need done. Through events like these with fashion club it has made realize that this is the field that I want to work in.
Well I hope you guys enjoyed hearing about my adventures in DC this past weekend. Be on the look out for more post coming this week.











0 comments:
Post a Comment